Manage episode 307978355 series 62727
Your relationship with a supplier is one of the most important aspects of running a business. That’s why we’re chatting with Kian Golzari, a sourcing specialist who has designed, developed, sourced, and manufactured over 2,500 products. Kian has manufactured products for the NBA, United Nations, Olympic Games, Ministry of Defense, and top athletes like Neymar Jr.
Listen to Nathan and Kian discuss:
- How he sourced products for the 2012 Olympic Games in London
- How to source a supplier on Alibaba
- Using whiskey and WeChat to build a personal relationship with a supplier
- What you should look for when visiting a factory
- Why you should disassemble your product
- Canton Fair, China’s international import and export fair
- Why you should have a universal specification sheet for negotiating with suppliers
- How to imitate and innovate products that manufacturers have already made
- And much more supplier and manufacturing tips...
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: