Manage episode 304652244 series 2674787
Let's talk about 10 good practice tips when using Git.
PHP News: Swoole is a PHP extension that has been forked due to on going security concerns. The current version of Swoole downloads a compressed file from the business Swoole site which is NOT GOOD! This file is a gzip file which is downloaded to your application.
Apparently many attempts were made to raise this concern with the current maintainer of Swoole but nothing happened. After these concerns were un-heard the PHP community decided to fork Swoole and remove the ability to run remote code from the Swoole business site.
The forked alternative is called Open Swoole.
Read more about it here: https://news-web.php.net/php.pecl.dev/17446
Theres a new Apple event on the 18th of October.
- M1X Mac book pro. 14 + 16 inch
- Mac mini
- AirPods Will the Mac Book Pro have 64 GB of ram, will I buy a new Mac?
10 Git Branch good practices
- Run code audits before merging into a work flow branch to prevent pipeline blockages
- Put config into a separate branch to the feature
- Use a GUI to inspect right, left, middle merges
- Communicate and talk through conflicts with other developers
- Don’t squash commits. History is good
- Regularly merge the main branch into the feature branch
- Always get a team mate to review your code. Even if its the smallest code change
- Keep to a good branch naming convention
- Separate code maintenance, features and fixes into their own branches - Be aware of what other features use your code
- Use messaging platforms like Slack or Discord to inform your team that something has been merged. Also use this to tell your team if the code audits have failed
- Fix any failed code audits before doing anything else.
Kick start your tech career with Amarachi Amaechi's new book Getting Started in Tech: A guide to building a tech career
My web development courses
➡️ Learn Python
⏰ My current live coding schedule (Times are BST)
Thursdays 20:00 = Live Podcast YouTube
Sundays 14:30 - Live coding on Twitch