Ep. 233 – Anthony Blatner: “You’re not going to be able to do everything by yourself. You’ll need to surround yourself with other people that will push you and whom you’re going to learn from.”
Manage episode 302684292 series 2857713
Anthony Blatner is a tech founder, ex-IBMer, and the founder of Speedwork Social: a top LinkedIn advertising agency. After watching a lot of companies with great products or services fail because of ineffective marketing, Anthony started Speedwork Social to help those businesses unlock their B2B marketing potential and achieve explosive growth.
By blending his experience in marketing and software, Anthony helps businesses reach high-level decision makers at scale using LinkedIn Ads and technology. Having managed millions in ad spend and generated over 100,000 new sales opportunities, it is safe to say Anthony is one of the top leading LinkedIn ads experts in the industry and in a way, is only getting started.
Most passionate about
- I'm one of those people who spends more time on LinkedIn than any other platform.
- My specialty is helping people with LinkedIn ads. That's what I do day in and day out. We specialize in helping create and manage LinkedIn ads and campaigns for different types of B2B organizations.
Best advice for entrepreneurs
- The thing that I end up talking about the most is, if you're an entrepreneur and you're starting a business, talking about the sales and marketing funnel or how you're going to market your business.
- If you're a new business and you're starting your marketing, and if you're not seeing a direct “contact us” or “free consultation” working out, you'll probably need to lower the barrier to entry and think about focusing your content more on your customer.
The biggest, most critical failure with customers
- Before I started Speedwork, which is a marketing agency and my current businesses, I had a mobile app development agency. Here in Austin, Texas, we built a whole lot of different mobile apps for a variety of companies.
- We would build software for them. What we noticed was, after you build an app, you have to put it on the App Store. Then you worry about getting downloads. We saw, in the early days of the iPhone, it was possible to put an app on the App Store, go viral, get a lot of downloads, and be successful in that way.
- I'd say the biggest challenge was seeing startups spend so much time and money and effort on a new app, but then not think about the distribution and the go-to-market strategy. They’d put it on the App Store and just see it flop.
Biggest success with customers
- I'd say, for my own journey, it is focusing on LinkedIn ads.
- When I first started my marketing career, I tried out a lot of different areas. At the time, I never would have guessed that I would be focusing on LinkedIn.
Anthony’s recommendation of a tool
- Google Data Studio
- It's going to tell you something about the stats that can help you optimize campaigns.
- Google Data Studio itself is free.
- We're able to blend data from various sources. I can compare, LinkedIn numbers versus CRM numbers and sales numbers.
Anthony’s one key success factor
- It is my technical background as I approached the marketing world. I appreciate the technical skills that I have.
- I'd say my differentiator is being able to be comfortable with the tech side.
Since we believe that the best way for entrepreneurs to get fast, big, and sustainable success is by leading your (new) market category, and the entire entrepreneurial journey reminds me of mountaineering, I want to ask you: Is there a mountain you dream of climbing or a mountain you have already climbed?
- I do have a relationship with a mountain. I've gotten really into running over the last few years. I've done a bunch of random marathons and I’m part of a run club. I like to do a lot of running.
- Maybe entrepreneurship or startups, you know—you can go at something by yourself and it's going to take a lot of work and training by yourself to hone your skills and learn things. But there are also the times when you're going to need to rely on other people.
- You’ll need to surround yourself with other people who are going to push you and whom you're going to learn from. You're not going to be able to do everything by yourself. So, surrounding yourself with the right people is important.
[caption id="attachment_2801" align="aligncenter" width="624"] illustration[/caption]
The best ways to connect with Anthony
Read The Modern Guide To Lead Gen
Download for Free
HOW TO START ?
Want to learn how to choose the best Name and Logo? Not sure which customers to focus on right now and where they are? Want to build your website, or trying to figure out how and what content to share on social media?