Manage episode 300590171 series 2973481
In Season 2, Episode 1 of Lead Time Chats, Jean Hsu, VP of Engineering at Range, talks to Camille Fournier, Managing Director of Two Sigma and author of The Manager’s Path, about boring stuff — specifically building boring tech and making boring plans.
Camille and Jean discuss:
- Limited innovation tokens and how to decide where to spend them (hint: it’s not on cool tech)!
- What boring plans actually look like, especially when you do need to upgrade to more interesting tech so your team doesn’t fall behind.
- Rolling out company-wide platform updates as rigorously as you would plan for an external launch
- How to manage up and build credibility that you’re delivery value when undertaking long-running technical projects
- The Manager's Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change
- Make Boring Plans by Camille Fournier
- Choose Boring Technology by Dan McKinley