Manage episode 296307213 series 2895519
If we want full and deep healing, we must take into account the traumas we've experienced, as they have a significant impact on our wellbeing. In this episode, Dr. Aimie Apigian lays out how she looks at trauma, and explains one of the main ways it can cause physical issues. I'm guessing you'll see yourself in this episode, even if, like me, you doubted it at first. I hope you'll listen in.
LET’S TALK THE WALK!
- Wellness While Walking Facebook page
- Wellness While Walking on Instagram
- Wellness While Walking on Twitter
- Wellness While Walking website for show notes and other information
- Coach Carolyn on Clubhouse: @stepstowellness
RESOURCES AND SOURCES (some links may be affiliate links)
DR. AIMIE APIGIAN
- Website: Trauma Healing Accelerated
- Biology of Trauma Summit: Solutions Series for Mental Health, Addictions and Burnout – free on online, July 19-25, 2021
- Dr. Aimie’s Recommended Resources
- Dr. Aimie Apigian on Instagram
- Dr. Aimie Apigian on Facebook
- Biology of Trauma Facebook Group
- Dr. Aimie Apigian on Clubhouse @draimie
OTHER TRAUMA RESOURCES
- Transforming Trauma: The Path to Hope and Healing, Dr. James Gordon
- The Body Keeps the Score, Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- It Didn’t Start With You: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle, Mark Wolynn
- Adverse Childhood Experiences, cdc.org
Neither I nor most of my podcast guests are doctors or healthcare professionals of any kind, and nothing on this podcast or associated content should be considered medical advice. The information provided by Wellness While Walking Podcast and associated material, by Whole Life Workshop and by Bermuda Road Wellness LLC is for informational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment, and before undertaking a new health care regimen, including walking.
Thanks for listening to Wellness While Walking, a walking podcast.