Manage episode 293356240 series 2436173
Dr. Drumm McNaughton interviews Dr. Ashley Finley, vice president of research and senior advisor to the president for the AAC&U, about how the workforce is changing and how higher education can play a part in this transformation.
- Employers consistently are looking for employees who have the competencies and skills created through a liberal education.
- Employers consistently rate individual skills such as drive and work ethic, ability to work independently, self-motivation, persistence and a sense of workplace belonging at the same level as teamwork, communications, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Generational differences emerge among industry leaders. Respondents under the age of 40 especially value civic engagement, global education, and diversity, and are looking for graduates who display this knowledge and skill set.
To read the full show notes, visit https://changinghighered.comResources
Dr. Drumm McNaughton provides strategy and change management consulting for higher ed institutions.
The Change Leader’s Social Media Links:
- Website: https://changinghighered.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drdrumm/
- Twitter: @thechangeldr
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: Perdia Education