Manage episode 280111781 series 2793784
Being brave is not easy, it’s a tough battle—sound familiar? With the holidays and reality of the world we are living in, it’s worth repeating this episode of Queerology with Candice Czubernat.
Candice is a therapist and founder of The Christian Closet, an LGBTQ-affirming counseling, coaching, and spiritual direction organization.
Also, Candice is the founder of Gloriously Queer, a conference for LGBTQ people of faith developed by LGBTQ people of faith.
As a therapist, Candice helps individuals and couples worldwide navigate complex mental health experiences while living as queer people of faith.
Candice was named one of the “10 Pro-LGBT Religious Women You Should Know” by The Advocate. She is a seasoned blogger, speaker, and author on LGBTQ Christianity and mental health issues.
Candice graduated from the Moody Bible Institute and The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology. Candice identifies as a lesbian and Christian, who lives in California with her wife and their 5-year-old twins.
- LGBT and Christian: Lesbian is a really long word, easier to say gay or queer
- Queer Piece of Faith: Terrifying sin or specially knitted gift from God?
- Queer Mental Health: Suffering? Stunted? Don’t hide how God created you
- Mental Health Practice: It may not be perfect or what you thought it would be
- Heartbreaking Proof: Everybody’s got issues, who caused and created damage?
- Trust Your Heart: Self-love turns you toward holiness, selflessness, gentleness
- Radical Self-Acceptance: You’re not alone and you deserve love; visualize voices
- Mental Health Diagnosis and Medication: Taboo topics people don’t talk about
- Professional Investment: Take pride in doing something to stop shame, suffering
Links and Resources:
The Advocate: “10 Pro-LGBT Religious Women You Should Know”
Q Christian Fellowship Virtual Conference (Code: Queerology2021 for $10 off)
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy