Manage episode 269791072 series 2777889
In this episode I am joined by Claire Siegel and we dig into discovering nutritional freedom, learning to navigate intuitive eating while healing with food, how to redefine your relationship with food and practical first steps to take when you are feeling stuck between the extremes of anti-diet and diet culture.
Covered in this episode:
- The false dichotomy between anti-diets and non-diets, diet culture
- Why a client focused approach is necessary
- How to take the good from diets and see the benefits
- Practical first steps when you are feeling stuck in the dichotomy of diet culture and anti-diet rhetoric.
- How can intuitive eating and healing diets co-exist?
- What to do when self-healing fails you?
- Healing diets role in autonomy?
- The importance of neutralizing foods.
- Removing the identities we hold onto around food & enjoying food for what it is.
- Avoiding comparison and practicing unlimited empathy towards other's experiences.
- How to find peace with food.
- and so much more.
About ClaireClaire Siegel is the founder of Nutritional Freedom, an online nutrition and mindset coaching practice designed to help women learn to ditch diets and get healthy for good. After spending over a decade on diets herself, Claire discovered the transformational power of an intuitive eating approach that integrates one's own lived experience and individual needs with sound nutrition science. Since opening their virtual doors, NF has helped hundreds of women find their own nutritional freedom. Claire attended the University of Texas at Austin where she earned a dual degree in Nutrition and Plan II Liberal Arts Honors. She also completed a supervised practice through the Coordinated Program in Dietetics. Visit www.nutritionalfreedom.co Apply to the Foundations Waitlist Free mini course Claire's IG NF's IG